Tuesday, February 2

New hobby (not to be mistaken with hubby)



No actual pictures of the camera bought. Kinda hard to take a picture of itself.

Introducing the new edition to the household... our new camera the Nikon D3000. To those who know cameras might not really be all that impressed but to me personally I love it. But not sure its returning my love with the quality of pics I was hoping for. NVM... still new and learning while enjoying every minute of it. A little on the new baby:

Name: Nikon D3000 (No nama manja yet... lets just call it 3 kilo baby for now)
Place of birth: J-one @ Amcorp Mall (conceived... tak sure, jepun kot)
Date of Birth: 27th January 2010 (the first model was in August 2009)
Cost of caesarian: RM1950 + 2% cr card interest + RM70 for filter and screen protector
Weight: Emm.. not really sure, have to ask the mother = Nikon.com
Sex: Definitely a boy because of the long lenses.

Why a new baby/hobby? Well lets just say I wanted to compliment the wifes fav past time, her scrap booking. She needs great pics and I kinda have to step up. Boring ah asik2 dia puji/tunggu org lain nye gambar je. Apart from that I think its more intriguing nowadays to take up photography with all the facebook and flicker. People around me are also willing to teach. Who better to learn from than FIL (a real veteran and a lecturer of photography ). A lot friends are also pros and does free lancing. Thats the main reason I choose Nikon. Everybody else is using it.

I specifically chose D3000 cause based on research it was the cheapest in its range (beginner level) and a good start cause it has a manual in the camera itself. It also has a guide mode and an info mode. Real handy for first timers like me. It was a restrain measure so that if i give it up, i wont regret so much. I believe I understand the camera in and out just by reading the manual but I still have to learn what settings to use for what occasion. Setting the camera up is a breeze. If somebody can draw up a table of settings I can use, it will be great especially in low light and indoors. I know the 'composition' of the picture is actually the art but I'm taking baby steps first.

I have read several magazines, sites and e-books. Kinda understand the theories a little bit and there. Its the application and practical part I am lacking. Heres a few sites I have been reading that are very helpful:- nikonians.org, photoxels.com and digital-photography-school.com. So anybody out there who can guide me better with this new interest of mine please leave a comment. I would really appreciate it. So I leave you with my favourite pic yet - "eyes hidden". Its not great but I like it especially because I was just snapping away.