Wednesday, July 7

Some wise footballing words from a true master


The much debated jambulani ball in the world cup is a hot topic. But it isnt an excuse in my personal opinion. And I have always wanted to see what a true master of a kicker can do with it. The best free kick taker in my opion has always been juninho palamwnsjhdhdd (or something like that) brazil/lyon. He is good at all types of free kicks. The dipping, the bending, power shot, placing.. Short and long ranges. Definately better than beckham or cr9.

So here's what he said about it in soccernet:

Juninho also said that, while he is disappointed by the quality of performances in South Africa, the much-maligned Jabulani ball is not to blame. "I bought one and I went to test it," he said. "The ball requires a little practice, but it's delicious. It's a poor excuse."

Apart from the official messing up/video officiating debate the only let down is the ball in this worldcup I reckon. So here's just what I think and my favorite free kick taker.

ps.. I do think zee germans had an advantage using this ball a few months in the bundesliga.


1 comment:

Taufiq said...

Assalam mualaikum, I just found your blog and is very interesting to view life in Melbourne from a Malaysian perspective as I am an Aussie from there now living in Kerteh, Terengganu. So how are you finding it so far? My Malaysian wife lived, studied and worked there for 10 years before deciding to balik M'sia. So that's where we are living now.