Tuesday, January 31

Kelas kopi

Last time I mention the misses signed me up for a barista class, well I finally got around doing it. It was fantastic and I gained a lot from it. Learned all the basics, covered the theory and had plenty of practice. Here are some stuff I think is worth sharing.

- Arabica beans have better flavor but robusta beans are stronger and last longer
- don't buy beans from supermarkets instead get them at the roasters themselves
- the darker (more time roasted) the less caffeine cause burned away.
- fridging grind coffee doesn't really help. Just in air tight containers and not too warm. Don't store too long.
- extraction time of 20-30 secs is ur target to get great espresso
- quantity,Tamping and grinding effects extraction time
- milk choices and right temperature of 60-70. Has to start cold and not reused and proper frothing technic.

There's a lot more but ull get bored reading. So here are some photos from my class









And here are some examples that I inspire to create







Ps.. The only problem is its actually hard to practice what I learn from the class at home especially in the setup and the COSTTT!!

No comments: