Monday, April 13

Zara burnt hands - lesson for me.

yesterday was my first day blogging here and the blog entry was about me trying to be a good dad/family man. but God is great and wise. i was being a little too proud (i believe). last night i learned my lesson to be humble all the time. remembering God gives and take, nothing happens without His approval/knowledge.

let me tell u what happened. zara burnt her hands last night touching a bulb. the same bulb/night light i installed a few hours after my first blog entry (took me 8-9 months getting around to it - ironic in'nit). i was watching her in the bedroom last night with zareef while maz was taking her shower. zareef was insisting the new night light to be on. the kids were fascinated with the stars the light created.

after a few minutes zareef got bored (as expected) and continued to watch his cartoons on our old macbook. but zara on the other hand, was still hooked with the new lights. i didnt really care much at this stage and continued surfing on our new acer about a feet away from the her. she started pulling the lights. i was only at yellow alarm stage and the normal 'zaraaa... tak mau main, tu bukan toy'. never crossed my mind she'll be naive enough to touch the hot bulb (dah biasa zareef buat hal - zareef knows what not to touch eventhough whatever he touched rosak).

suddenly REDD ALLERRTT!! REDD ALLERTT!!. i heard that u know painful 'WAAAAAA..." cry coming from zara (kinda know the category of the cries by heart already). i didnt really see what happen. but u can guess from what she was playing with (apart from the palm she was holding up - duhh!!) she touched the bulb. at first her palms werent showing anything apart merah sikit (tapi tekan sikit pun merah) so i couldnt confirm my speculation. so we put colgate and vaseline on the palm. kesian giler when u see ur kids in pain (especially kalau u could avoid it). beratnya hati rasaaa... sedih and guilty giler.

a few minutes after that the gelombong showed (as of this morning dah start white bubble sikit - covering around 10-20% of the palm). waited for the wife to blame me but she didnt say a word, but i really blame myself and at that point of time i knew God was telling me to not be too proud. tu lah macam bagus je cakap - kan dah kesian kat anak. the guilt is still inside me now. even told my futsal frens last night. they shared some remedies and advice. (still putting the vaseline, might see the dr later today if teruk lagi). while i was trying to sleep last night, i knew i have to pay more attention to zara and remember how small/naive she still is (somehow i feel shes not getting the same attention as zareef from me - maybe she isnt). i will try and make it up to u sayang...

i love u zara.... u(family) are the most importing thing in my life.

No comments: