Monday, April 5

Boss, I quitt!!

People always ask why I quit my job. I have wrote a lot about it before. The details are here. I have been complaining about it for a longggg time but since my scholarship 7 year bond is up this coming september and cuti pun 125+ days (cuti banyak sebab takleh amik cuti) or so, I took the earliest date to quit - 1 April. You cant imagine how long I have wanted to submit that golden letter of resignation. Unfortunately the drama that I have imagined (bosses pissed off or somewhat) didn't come to reality but the kepuasan of freedom was still there in my heart. Bosses tried to act all cool which was fine... but later I found out they had an emergency meeting because of this (Me and AZ leaving).

Better yet, because of this... HR GM called us up asking why and all that, the CEO knowingly the reason we quit asked the 5-men policy (suckiest decision ever) to be reverted back to the 6-men immediately by sms to our GM the very same day he knew the details. Bergegar jugak lak management. Even the HR GM, our GM, Chief engineer with our new VP set up a meeting to rectify this issue with all of us. CEO dah marah baru lah nak kisah kan!

Even papers were sent upwards regarding our department structuring without proper channelling (bypass the new VP- pissed him off real good). Kesimpulannya AZ and me were really satisfied that our point got across. The shouting and grunting for the past 1.5 years were ineffective.... we just had to quit.. together. We wish we could have done it before but the bond was holding us back. Although its a lost to us but in the end it was a gain to our successors and the rest of the department. No doubt good things came about from this. Hope it turns out the same for us too.

ps.. one more funny thing in TNB, you dont notify that you want to quit instead you have to "memohon meletak jawatan". Yes you have to get their approval to quit. If they dont approve it you cant quit. Good luck doing that to me.

3 comments:

iL4na said...

shoot. u all 6 man cycle and we're down to 4 and even worse sometime 3 man cycle!!! sheesh! wonder is this the reason VP nak jumpa kitorg ptg ni.

Muslimah Perth said...

Yeap, dulu masa quit uitm pun kena 'mohon' jugak, mcm courteous kot. entah. good luck in Melb! Wish u guys datang Perth instead (belum terlambat utk change ur mind)

sid sienna said...

lol... if i just can shoot such letter to my boss... but, i'm too lazy to go job hunting.. :)