Friday, April 2

Quit my Job and moving on to Melbourne

Note: Its been a while since our last post. So heres a few post to make up for lost time.

Melbourne - beautiful ain't it?

This is an informative posting especially who knows us personally. Yes the whole Zazamazu is moving down under.. Melbourne specifically. Not so surprising since Bo leaked it online already here (his defense is - tak letak disclaimer takleh bagitau, aku buat lah) - susah tul lah blogger ni. No harm done cause those who are important to us already knew. My mom was the hardest to tell but she gave the best reply of all. After being silent for a moment she said "Baguslah muda2 cari rezeki untuk keluarga, nanti dah tua2 susah". It was a big relief especially just after my dad's 1 word reply - "pergilah!"

We have been wanting to migrate to australia a few years back, actually I went to the migration agent way back in dec 2007 - rough/frustrating times during my career. But after learning more about the process we had to put it off until the end of 2008 due to my 7 year old bond with TNB (timing and all that). After being inspired by Sheri and Hafis, tq guys for all the advice and encouragement... we went for it and lodge/engage our application with the migration agent (global migrations solution) costing us in total more than RM18k. Yes a big investment and gamble but alhamdulillah we got it. I got really worried when the FBI check came late (got trouble with the law back in NY a few times) but when I knew FBI check was clean, it was just a matter of time. It was really a hassle with the IELTS exam, medical check up, all the documents involved but we pulled it off.

So building up to our move, I tendered my resignation and currently on leave. Although effective date will be 1 october, I have my 120+ day leave. So sekarang goyang kaki makan gaji buta!!. what a life. Have a lot of things to do prior to the move like selling things off, getting things in order and all that but i'm still free and schedule is very flexi. Up for anything boysss.

I will write more on my resignation and selling stuff off. But as for now I'm getting ready to a all boys outing to melaka for the weekend..

YAHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! bestnya life aku sekarang.


So I leave you with a description of the Australian flag as I am educating myself too.



5 comments:

dieya said...

omg maz this is great news!!!congrats to u n ur family! melbourne is such an awesome place to stay. so when r u leaving? have fun and good luck!

iL4na said...

hi bozord & maz, congrats on the good news!!!! helostz told me and we're like.. speechless sbb tak pernah terpk nak buat camtu. So now there's an option ey? :P Not that we're thinking of it at all. Not yet that is :) Enjoy Melbourne!

Shahrul said...

OMG!! Zul & Maz!! When did you decide to do such a thing?? I am so happy for you and your family!! Never thought that something so big like this is happening to yous people!! But I am so happy to hear this news! Moving on to something far special! Hope everything is ok have fun there ok!

OMG!! So happy...so happy!!

ZZ said...

Thanks everybody for the well wishes.

Lana - apa lagi jom ah!

Shahrul - blahhh lahhh!! aku tiap2 minggu update kau pasal nak pergi australia and dah berjuta2 kali ajak kau ikut sekali.

iL4na said...

jomlah?? hehehe ntahla can u list down the pros and cons 1st?? ;P i still have few yrs to go.