Wednesday, November 25

Tasik Shah Alam











On a very boring Monday, we decided to have a picnic at Taman Tasik Shah Alam with sandwiches, cakes and everything. Actually Zareef somehow tricked me into promising an outing - kesian jugak dia cause all the other kids are on holiday but his particular smart reader school semester goes all the way till mid December (i'm not complaining , Zareef is). Although we sprang the idea to the wife right after she got home (tak sempat duduk pun lagi), she was all sporting about it and layan kerenah jelah. Thank you dearie especially sebab I know your normally tired after work.

We did a lot of stuff at the tasik. We had our simple picnic/dinner ala sandwich o'briens (my speciality) while playing at the playgrounds. The kids were particular lavished especially after tiring themselves playing. But the highlight of the outing was our boat ride. Ahhh so nostalgic, I believe I was Zareefs age when I went out on my first boat ride at the very same spot we went that day (I used to live 5 minutes walk from the spot... good times, really good times). I have to share that Shah Alam really looks different when your on the lake. Very photographic and serene.

So that I dont forget how sometimes things are just as 'cool' at our own back yard as it is in the travel channel (i know i'm stretching it a bit), so here are a few things I appreciate at Tasik Shah Alam.

  1. There are several not-so-bad maintained playgrounds all around with cool designs
  2. Ample free convenient parking spaces
  3. Nice scenary with old big trees, people enjoying themselves and Shah Alam 'skyline' view (I really love the view of Masjid Shah Alam especially if its all lighted up).
  4. Cool and naturally shaded
  5. Lots of park benches and tables
  6. Rent a boat or canoe to go out onto the lake. Plus the boat rides (the one we took)
  7. Romantic for loving couples in a very Malaysian way - but the Jais/Jawi will always spoil it for you like all Uitm students and pekerja kilang shah alam knows.
If you have time and just want to enjoy a simple outdoor excursion I suggest have it at Taman Tasik Shah Alam. Just watch out for the nyamuk and mud puddles.






No comments: