Saturday, December 26

Playground sosializing


Yesterday as the kids were playing at Mc D playground, one boy around 6-8 years old went to the glass next to us looking very serious for several minutes trying to get our attention. "Emm.. what does this kid want?" I was thinking. So I gestured at him to ask if he wants some of our food. No was his answer but he gestured something else back:

This is what he had gestured:
  1. Pointed his finger directly at Zareef looking angry. (he was following Zareef as Zareef was coming out from the playground actually)
  2. Hammering his own head with his fist.
  3. Put a hand on his head as though it was hurting.
  4. Pointing back at Zareef.
  5. Looking particularly 'tak puas hati' and vengeful

As I love playing charades, I am 'guessing' this boy wants me to scold Zareef for hitting him. So I kinda did but not so seriously (acting sikit). The boy looked happy at the scolding and satisfactorily grinned walking away. Me and the wife had a good laugh with that.

It isn't as funny when 10 minutes later, I asked Zareef to put on his sandal, he 'selamba' pushed a 2-3 year old girl who was in his way in front of her own dad. I did my routine "sorry parent to parent" talk and scolded Zareef while pulling him away. Have been doing this for more than a couple of years now. God knows how many times I had to apologize to other parents for Zareefs "kasarness". We ask him to turn it down a notch all the time (especially if his excited) but its just his nature. Another bad thing is that its rubbing off on Zara. Based on the "Bibik Report" she too likes to push other kids especially those in the way or in a queue.


Ahhh... heres a good one, this is what zareef said when he saw the playground was full of kids

"Ramai macam ni lah Zareef suka, sebab boleh gaduh-gaduh"


No comments: