Tuesday, December 1

Tabik Sazali P. Ramlee


I watched a segment on Buletin Utama TV3 about anak Tan Sri P. Ramlee. His name is Sazali. He works as a public cleaner at Alam Flora. An honest and back breaking job although non glamorous and a messy job. I had always respected and admire people who works this hard to make a halal and honest living feeding their families. I put them high up in my respect list.

The tell you the truth when I was studying in NY, I took a groundskeepers job (about the same work as Sazali) during summer. It wasss a very hard and humbling experience, one that i will remember until I die. The heat (its hotter there than in Malaysia during summer) was unbearable, I was hit with poison ivy, encountered snakes, real nasty sewage and so forth not to mention the blisters and back aches. It taught me a very good life lesson. Making a living is hard work. It couldnt come at a better time (somewhat turning into an adult at 18-19 years old). At that time I realized life is not all flowers and butterflies. Thats why I get extra agitated when I see people being lazy and mengada2(tahu nak jee.. usaha taknak).

So back to Sazali. I felt bad that he said he was really fine with what he is doing but the only bad experience is people bad mouthing him. People saying he ought to do better as he is a son of our legendary seniman. WTF. Thats the problem with people. Very judgmental and ignorant. Always size people up and talk down on the so called lower caste while feeling so full of themselves. Pleaseee lahhhh!!! GOD gives and GOD takes. When you see me doing this, I'll give you a free pass to punch right in the nose.

So to all honest hard working people out there especially Sazali, I pray that God provides for them and reward them for all their sweat and usaha. I just hope I am one of them.

No comments: