Friday, June 12

Happy Birthday Zareef!

Today is the REAL birthday for our hero, Zareef. For him, he already had his birthday, and when I asked what he wants to do for his birthday today, he answered that his birthday was at Burger King :). For me, today my boy turns 4. Time flies so fast, I really can't believe that he is all grown up. He grew up to be one fine boy; very smart, cheeky, sometimes (maybe a lot of times) naughty and very cute too. One could not ask for more!

Looking back, having Zareef in our lives was the greatest thing (any parents would agree). We were married almost a year when I discovered that I was pregnant. It was unplanned (kinda of like oppss), and I was shocked and don't know what to expect. Not that we don't want a baby, but not that soon (OKla, we initially planned to wait for a year.. so almost lah). But as the pregnancy progressed, I was happy and excited to be a mom! Except for the first few months morning sickness, the pregnancy went on smoothly. I didn't have any major problems and I was really happy (yes, really enjoying it!) to be pregnant.

The delivery was relatively easy.. relative OK, still very painful! We arrived at the Pantai Medical Center, Bangsar, around 3 am after my water broke (before that I was already having mild pain but was in denial.. hehe). After waiting for ~ 4 hours, I asked for a pain killer as I was only 5cm 'open'. But right immadiately after that, I felt a pain that was really really strong... Apparently I was fully dilated and ready to push! But the doctor was not there yet as it happened so fast. I have to wait for a about 20 minutes (seems like hours) for the doctor to come. I was asked to hold off the pushing sensation (so pissed off at that time). It was so painful and I, who was half-asleep (beacause of the pain killer), held my husband's and my mom's hand really really tight (sorry for that.. hehe). But when the doctor came, I pushed with all my might and Zareef was borned with only one push! When the doctor put Zareef on my belly, I almost cried. It was really a special moment.....

So now Zareef is already 4 years old. My wish for him is to grow up to be a good boy; a boy who is smart and who can think for himself, talk intelligently, open-minded, independent (very sticky now!), healthy and cheerful. We love you so much Zareef! Happy Birthday!

p/s: Plus today he is being a very good boy. Maybe because he knows that I'm leaving him for 2 weeks! :)

Zareef when he was just borned

Zareef @ 1 year old

Zareef @ his 2nd birthday
Zareef @ his 3rd birthday with his Smart Reader friends
Zareef @ his latest 4 th birthday party

4 comments:

ZZ said...

i love you soooo much zareef!! Happy 4th birthday!

Muslimah Perth said...

Happy Birthday Dear Boy :)

p/s- Maz, he looks exactly like u sejak lahir lagi. Genetic kuat tuh :)

Mazlina said...

ye ker sheri? hahaha.. tengok2 gambar ni macam muka dia tak berubah banyak je.. hehehe

niSamiR said...

Agree wiv Sheri...hehehe..
Happy Birthday Zareef...muahs2