Saturday, June 27

Goodbye Houston

It's finally time for me to go home! Wow, time flies.. 2 weeks feels like nothing.. I am all over excited to see hubby and my 2 kids again.. missed them so much. However, I'm still heavy-hearted to leave Houston when I'm having a great time- feels like I'm on vacation. Wished that my family can come here instead! Here's why.. in no particular order..

1) Everything paid- as like other business trip, everything is paid by the company. So, you can stay in a great hotel, eat out without hesitation, order room service as much as you want, rent a car as long as you need it, etc etc. Now back in Malaysia I have to spend on my own again (not that I dont shop a lot here!).

2) Driving in Houston/US- for all of you who have studied or worked here know how easy it is to drive here. It is lot easier than in Malaysia, trust me! People here are very civilized and courteous, plus the roads are wide and many lanes with a better system than in Malaysia. Now I got to face the Malaysian drivers again, and not to mention the mat rempits too!

3) Everything air-conditioned- Loving the 24 hrs air-condition in the room. Back home, the air-con in our room does not functioned well, so we always sleep sweating. Oh, if only we got money to buy a bigger air-con and turn it on every time we want!

4) Lots of ME time- not that I dont enjoy the company of my family (I wont trade that for anything!!), but it's good to enjoy some ME time. I got to read lots of story books (some people know what I'm reading.. heheh), and surf the internet like nobody business.. haha.. and of course, go out anytime I want. Back at home, the kids are always around, seeking my attention. So, the only free time is at night, and by that time I'm tired too!

5) Oh, one of the best reason.. don't have to work! Don't even have to think about work. Over here, you just attend classes and make sure you're useful to be company later. Oh, I am groaning on what's waiting for me back at the office!

6) Living in a hotel- We're staying at Doubletree Suites, and the room is just perfect. We are settling in a one bedroom suite with 2 queen beds. Enjoyed the services; room service, laundry service.. housekeeping (not like I dont have a maid back home.. hehe)

But I missed home, too. Missed my family, my friends, the comfort of my home, the home-cooked food! My flight is departing this evening. See you back in Malaysia soon enough! (Is 30 hours soon enough?)

3 comments:

ZZ said...

I dont know whos more excited.. the kids or me? Hope takde quarantine.

The House of AZ said...

ada quarantine tak?

Mazlina said...

takde apa2 pun kat airport.. got lots of medical staffs but nothing much.. dont have to quarantine unless got symptoms..