Tuesday, June 16

Houston trip - part 1

I am all the way opposite the globe from my home, and I am missing my family really much. This is my third time to Houston, and it was not as exciting as before, especially without my kids n hubby around. Zara was supposed to be here with me, but she didnt come due to the risk of swine flu infection. At least she will entertain us. Oh well, as long as I am here, I might as well enjoy myself, right?

Today is my first day of class.. after sleepless night yesterday, I was so sleepy in class today. Plus, I knew most of the stuff they taught today.. speaking of too experienced for the class, they should have sent me 2 years ago! But anyway, I tried to entertain myself enough to survive the day. Later, we had sushi for dinner! What a treat! It was not like Sushi King, more like Sushi Groove kind of style. Love it! (may want to go again someday.. hehe)

There is so much to do here.. places to visit.. but I guess it's our lucky stars as Victoria's Secret Semi-anual sale starts tomorrow! ... for the whole 2 weeks we are here too! FYI- my mother and I are VS big fan, especially my mother la.. hehehe.. I also need to check out the countless scrapbook stores scattered around Houston. Not to forget, the factory outlet store!!! Plan to spend 1 and 1/2 day there! It is a near outlet, never been there before and was told it was bigger and better than Katy Mills. Do you noticed that my plans revolved around shopping? haha.. (plus nobody will be nagging when I am shopping.. hehe) Where else to go, and what else to do in Houston?

OK.. very sleepy now.. could not get enough sleep last night.. time for catch-up.. will update more later, hopefully with pictures..

p/s: ain, zareef n zara.. i miss you guys so much!!!

3 comments:

Muslimah Perth said...

Wow, bestnye Maz.. enjoy je, takpe, bukan slalu dpt freedom tinggalkan 'responsibilities' aka kids jap. betul tak? I say 'shop till u drop!'

ZZ said...

what do u mean "plus nobody will be nagging when I am shopping.. hehe"??

siap ada gelak kat belakang tu = hehe.
i feel so violated. hahahhaa.

ps. i dont mind the VS addiction too!

Mazlina said...

ain - ingat ain sorang freedom? hahahaha..

sheri - you're right.. best tido katil besar sorang2.. if not satu katil 4 orang.. hahaha...but still miss them la..