Tuesday, June 16

How i pray our loved ones wouldnt get sick!


I just found out my close friend's grandma is having cancer. All my prayers and well wishes for him and his family. I know he's very attached to her. Even our circle of friends are close with her.

Every time somebody gets sick i will always remind myself of my beloved mother. To those who knows her, shes a very 'lively' person with a 'very strong persona'. Unfortunately she has always been sick most of my life. She has acute diabetes (kencing manis - kadang2 out of scale when measured glucose content) therefore other sickness tagged along. Heart problems, minor stroke kaki lebam/hitam to name a few serious ones.

It saddens me more that its taking its toll on her now knowingly how active/'lively' she was. She did everything for her kids. I mean everything. It makes me sad because i feel i dont do enough to take care of her. Another point is that she will never listen to me (only my dad and little sister gets through to her). One of the most stubborn person i know if not the most stubborn person. Way too strong of a personality for me to handle.

I have always dreamed of bringing her (yes.. my dad too) to fancy restaurants, malls, movies, concerts, vacations and all that (now that i have a little bit of money) because by my recollection she doesn't indulge on herself very much. I cant remember if we ever did go to a fancy restaurant (mcdonalds pun like 3 bulan sekali.. tu kira lavish dah), vacations that wasnt part of her work or anything expensive she bought herself. Very very modest in her spending. Not that she didnt make enough, its just that she spends it on us (especially education.. i lot on education siap jual tanah/hutang to send my brothers overseas). Sure is different from women nowadays.

Nowadays (after her minor stroke) shes very sensitive to movements, light and easily winded (every 10 steps she has to stop). Transporting her around in a car is a big no to her (the only time she goes out is to the dr's). So it frustrates me i cant bring her around. The last time i (just me and her)brought her to One Utama (10 minutes drive) she vomited and had a panic attack. Scared the living daylights out of me. I dont dare to do it again. I envy those who can bring their parents around for a threat.

I just wish i can provide her those few precious memories that she utterly deserves.

2 comments:

Muslimah Perth said...

my mom sounds a bit like that too, in terms of being super modest and spending-wise, never seen her spend on herself, mostly on kids, and education, future..etc

We should be grateful that we are lucky to get mothers like this. Not many mothers really take care of kids (rather spend money unnecessarily on other stuffs, etc).

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. What you are going through is hard. Hope you'll be strong for this 'test' that Allah has given you. If you can't bring her out, maybe you could bring whatever's outside u think is nice and lavish home to her.

But on second thought, as a mother myself, I think what a mother really wants is probably LOVE, affection and attention from their children. So give her that. it's worth more than those Prada bags or buffet dinner at Trader's Hotel!

p/s-sorry ye terpanjang pulak komen, bab2 mak ni mcm sensitif sket..hehe

shahrul said...

snob snob sniff...tissue mana?