Friday, July 24

Sakit telinga

Normally when i say sakit telinga, i mean it as a side effect from 'somebody' nagging. But now my ears are really hurting. Tuhan nak tunjukkan... when somebody nags it means they care (most of the time), so stop complaining.

I went swimming last Wednesday. i stayed quite a while in the pool trying (keyword = trying) to perfect my free stroke and learning/practicing my turns at the end of my laps. Thought it would be a perfect way to spend my only day off in the past 10 days. yep.. in like 3 weeks plus , i only have 2 days off but lets stop talking about my stupid job.

During my swim, i realized my left ear was full of water which i though was normal so i just swam on. I only stopped after i completed the laps i intended to do (fyi, 15laps to and fro.. berlagak sikit walaupun tak power pun). Unfortunately by that time i guess the water was too far in and made me slightly deaf and uncomfortable. The pic below is for the visual effect.


I tried all sorts of stuff to get it out.. the headbanging, put more water in to get it all out, use a cotton bud etc2. I was even thinking of using a hair dryer to dry it up but i couldnt find one. It was starting to hurt bad later on. Can't pop the ears, certain jaw movements, burp, sneeze or yawn without feeling pain. Getting deafer a little bit more too. So i went to the drs. She confirmed i had pus and an infection. She couldn't even see my eardrum as it was covered in pus. She gave me some ear drops called Neo Deca and antibiotics (drs. give these out like candy). I'm not taking the antibiotics but the drops are working wonders but kinda makes me extra deaf for a while.

I checked online (webMD.com) to get a better understanding of my pain (i dunno why drs. never seem to be interested to educate us) . Seems like i have 'swim ears'. A bacteria infection due to the trapped fluid build up. A haven for bacterias to multiply. The gist of it all, always keep your ears dry and protect it - use earplugs, more ear wax the more protection, use alcohol drops after swimming, once you get swim ears you'll tend to get it again, warm water + vinegar can be used as treatment, swim in clean waters only.

So there's my story. Something to share so that you won't have to go through it. It really hurts, irritating and makes you somewhat less functional. Come to think of it.. i should have asked for a M.C.. Darn it!!!

1 comment:

Mazlina said...

kesiann diaa.. get well soon dear... itula, orang nagging mmg tandanyer sayang.. heheh