Wednesday, July 8

Yesterday = happy

Yep.. yesterday was my birthday. Turned 28. Still young and able (i keep telling myself that.. hoping to be true). Apart from being sleep deprived the entire day after my night shifts, actually i had a great time. Simple yet satisfying.

It started of with all the well wishes from family and friends in the form of SMS, blog comments, phone calls (1 from Uganada), personal visit and facebook. Thank you for remembering everybody especially when i just really realized my birthday was coming up a day or so before (didn't get the hint when the wife asked last Friday if i would be free on Tuesday). About the celebration, i'll figure something out (invite dinner or something) and tell you later.

The simple and satisfying part came when just the wifey and me went out to sunway pyramid. Very rare occcasion leaving the kids behind. You'll appreciate the peace and freedom without 2 extra clingy kids. We went shopping for futsal shoes. I got the most expensive one there (without knowing the wifey will pay - *sticking to the story*). Here's a picture of my new Sala shoes. Yes it has pink stripes. Don't laugh or i have to put it up your a*s. I'm naming it pink tiger (macam pink panther tapi ada stripes so jadi pink tiger) .



Later we went to Tony Romas, one of my favorite steak house. Loveeedddd the food as i am a big fan of steak. Sauces (we had 10 choices of it), medium steaks, fried onion blossoms plus tomota juice... mouthwatering indeed. Heres the pics so that you would not have to imagine too hard. Oopps forgot to tell the wife picked up the tab with all her love for me. (Just so happy that somebody is willing to spend for me.. rare occasion for me)




Later we bought 2 slices of cake (tak larat nak habis a whole pie/kids nanti high on sugar/ diet konon) at Secret Recipe to bring home and celebrate with the kids. Zareef was so excited trying to close the lights and trying to suprise me. Such a sweet boy when he's not being naughty (90% of the time.. naughty i mean). Zara was so happy just to get cake. Here's a picture of the humble slices of cake.


The joke of the day was from zareef. It goes as below.

zareef : Hapy Birthday Ayah.. Ayah dah 2 tahun eh?!
Ayah: Mana ada 2 tahun... 28 lah. Zara lah nak masuk 2. Pasal apa zareef cakap 2?

Zareef: Sebabbbb... Candle ada 2 je!!

Later we had the routine brithday song. Eventhough its a typical song.. but it melted me inside (walaupun luar macho... ceehh) because my family sings it to me with unconditional love especially zara yang cuba nyanyi but keluar lagu lain. Later we had 'suap the birthday boy'. I think we are going to start a tradition with this.


How can somebody not be happy with a day like that. I felt like the king of the world as how my family treats me. Its just great to feel like the center of the universe for your family.





ps.. the only downside to the day was i had to finish it at work for my night shift.. bummer tul ah!

3 comments:

Mazlina said...

hehe.. it was a fun day.. happy birthday dear.. glad that you had a great day.. although you really deserves more than this.. :)

ZZ said...

rindulah steak tony romas

Naddy said...

happy birthday :) best wishes...