Thursday, May 21

Idol fever!

http://blog.nj.com/entertainment_impact_tv/2009/05/large_idol-final-2.jpg

Ok.. the result is out.. Kris Allen won.. I have nothing against Kris, but I always been a fan of Adam since the Hollywood Week. I think he's fresh, unique and very talented. Every week he surprised us with his wide vocal range and those high notes. He made every song, and sometimes unheard songs, into his own, and make it sounds great. Heck, I downloaded all his performances (semangat tol kan! hehe). My favorites are 'Tears of Heaven', 'Mad World' and 'Ring of Fire'.

Ok.. back to the finale. Kris is a wonderful artist too, just that he is way different than Adam. Most of my friends (you know who you are) like Kris better, maybe because of his cute looks and down-to-earth attitude. Even my husband like Kris, especially after he sang 'Heartless', which I think is a better version compared to Kanye West's take. He is without a doubt talented, together with his ability to play musical instrument and arrange the music to suit his style. My favorite is 'Aint no sunshine' and 'Heartless'. Oh, only my boss likes Adam among my friends, and he is a singer, so he understands how talented Adam is.. heheh..

But about the time of the Top 3 competition, I started to get a little bit Adam-fatigue. I think he just peaked too early. He kind of lost the magic touch, and his performances got a bit boring, predictable and more and more like screaming instead of singing. He's still good, but Kris and Danny are catching up with him. (I still a fan of you, Adam!) Nevertheless, the Top 4 rocks! I love Allison.. she rocks and only 17! wow! Also not to forget Danny, with his husky power voice.

Ok.. sidetrack again.. the finale was great!! I enjoyed all the performances, (except the queen latifah's one) especially adam singing with KISS and Queens! He was really in the zone! I think it's the best finale ever! Even Ryan Seacrest was entertaining and cracked lots of funny joke. The funniest performance was when Kara shocked the Bikini Girl out of her shells. And man, Kara can sing (better than Paula). She even shocked us with showing herself in bikini!

Both of them are really talented in their own way. I just think that Adam is the bigger star, and has more star power and charisma. Kris, you are adorable and sweet, but I don't know how well you will fare in the music scene. Somehow I think that America voted for Kris just so that Adam lose. Maybe they were turned off by his over-the-top and theatrical attitude, which I admit is sometimes really over-the-top.. hehe.. One thing for sure, I am looking forward for both of their album in the near future!

Oh well, idol fever is over. I will miss American Idol.. No more looking forward for Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Nothing to look forward to besides weekends :) No more breakfast talk on who will be out this week.. American Idol is the only show I diligently follow (ask my husband)... the rest of the time, the tv is conquered by Channel 613. And this season is the best so far (I strongly think because Adam sizzled up the competition)

American Idol.. see you in January for Season 9!


Yours Truly,
Dissapointed Adam's fan

7 comments:

Muslimah Perth said...

hampeh la, kat sini tak dpt ikut. the first time aku miss idol, and u say it's the best?! sux la tak tgk :(

ZZ said...

I still think Adam is a whoopsy but he does sound a lot like the great freddie mercury (queen lead singer).

Kris.. takde lah power but a couple of songs are really good. i believe the song sells not the singers.

ZZ said...

freddie mercury is also another whoopsy. rasanya hes death is the second due to AIDS.

Mazlina said...

babe.. whoopsy tu apa? hahaha.. lembik? gay?

sheri.. sana takde ke? alaa... tengok aussie idol je la.. hehe

The House of AZ said...

whoopsy tuh macam Captain Shakespeare dalam cerita stardust.

whoopsy = poofter = @ssbandits

Jessy Christopher said...

Well I am an ardent AI fan too!! Was kinda disappointed that Danny didn't get into finals & Adam didn't win! Pretty shocking result this season. The judges were kinda surprised, could see it from their looks. Anyway another season, another winner! C'est la vie! Bottom line, I enjoyed watching it season after season ;)

See ya later girl!

Mazlina said...

yey.. finally somebody on my side.. a true fan and knows talents when she sees it! high five, jessy!