Tuesday, May 19

To go or Not to go...

For some of you know, I planned to go to Houston, Texas this June for a school. My mother, together with Zara are tagging along. We already booked the tickets and applied for US visa. But as the swine flu outbreak started in April, I am hesitant about our initial plan. Should I continue with the journey? One thing for sure, if I decided to go, I would not bring Zara along. That is just plain too risky.

I have an option to defer to the September session, but now it's kind of too late to reschedule. Plus, my mom has to pay extra RM700 to postpone the tickets. I know it's risky.. like my husband said, if it happens to me, and I know I can avoid it, I will never forgive myself. I know I know, he's right. But I really wanted to go! We only get the chance to go to Houston for training ever other year, and we have planned for this trip for a while now. My mom also already planned for her friends to come and visit her at Houston.

My mom said that we should just go.. just take precautionary steps and tawakkal.. heck, we can still get sick in Malaysia too! Plus, a few friends in US said that this swine flu outbreak has been exaggerated. I dont know.. for now, I am going with my mom minus Zara... We'll see what happens in another 3 weeks. If I go, I have to fully wean Zara off breastfeeding, which is kinda sad as I want to bfeed her as long as I can. But it's OK I guess, she's a big girl now.. almost 18 months in June. I think she'll be OK.. :)

So... to go or not to go?

1 comment:

Nadhrah Maidin said...

Hmm...very diff decision la...if mre...am also not sure...solat istikarah!